Monday, December 01, 2008

Ireland (Part One)

Here are some pictures from Ireland. I took 430, so I will only give you the highlights. :)

Dublin

Here is Dublin and the River Liffey.


This is the picture that got me in trouble with one of the neighbors. Probably her fear was that I would post it on the Internet. It happened.



Belfast


This was a big deal in Belfast because of the glass roof. They didn't do that when all of the bombings were happening. Change is happening.


I went on a political tour of the area. These are the murals that cover the city. This was from the Protestant side.


This is the gate that is closed at night to separate the Catholics and Protestants. There is a very high fence that goes on so people cannot throw rocks and other tricks to the other side.


We then had tea at Hotel Europa, the most bombed hotel in Europe. In fact, while I was waiting for Rhona there was a sweep.



Galway

This is the church near the hotel where I stayed. Doesn't it look sort of like a boat? In fact that was the idea!


Stuart took me on a drive around Galway in Mayo and Connemara.


This castle was closed, but we went in anyway.




Sheep!


Having tea at Ashford Castle. Stuart was afraid we weren't dressed. The American in me thought, "Why? We aren't naked! We look great!"



More later...

No comments: