Sunday, August 31, 2008

My Staycation

This Labor Day I had an unexpected staycation. I planned on staying home but not being so darn busy! I busy.

I went to a vintage baseball game. Northville won 6 5. It was pretty exciting. They don't use mitts. Some players played barefoot!

Then I went to the DIA. That was fun. I saw some neat things and was pretty impressed.
When I first saw this I thought the boy was playing with snakes. Then I saw the title, "Boy with Geese" or something and I thought, "How wonderful!" Look how he takes those nasty geese and just gets them! Ha! Take that!

Standing Woman II

Diego Rivera's Mural. I think if you looked at that everyday for a year you would come away with something different every time.

And what is a staycation without a souvenir? I picked this up at Eastern Market for $50.
I asked if he would finish it for me and he said, "That's why I'm selling if to you for $50. I've got too many other things to do!" Then he told me to get some Liquid Gold and Old English for dark wood. Make a 50:50 Mix.

I think it looks great.

A bed frame is next. Thank you!!!

2 comments:

Mom said...

The DIA is a pfun place. Your bead is just BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm SO glad you found that. The 50:50 recipe is a useful one to have.....

Molli said...

Pretty!