Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Vienna


Vienna was great. We went to see where the Habsburgs spent their summers. No wonder Marie Antoinette was a bit out of touch.

That's Gloriette. It was supposed to be built after the palace above and be five times the size!


 Then we ate the original Sacher Torte. This was only on my mind because of my good buddy Chris. At the hotel they say it is a 26 step process.

 Next, we went to Hofburg and the Sisi Museum. We saw the Austrian Imperial Napkin fold. The guide said only two people in the world know how to fold a napkin like this. I'm skeptical. I don't have anything I'm putting off, though, that makes me need to find this right now. Next time I have to write a paper I'll learn...I did find this, though.

UPDATE: Found it.

Finally we went to the Vienna Opera House...Never did get tickets. We could have watched the performance outside, but it was raining. I still blame Mom for that.


No comments: