Monday, September 09, 2013

Budapest

Today it was rainy and cold. Mom said it was supposed to be in the 70s and 80s the whole time we were here so I blame her.


We soldiered on, though. First we went to St. Stephen's Basilica.

What's creepy about this place is they have his mummified right hand for you to enjoy.

Then we went to the Dohany St Synagogue. Over 3,000 people are buried at the synagogue alone.


This is a weeping willow and upside down menorah. The leaves have names inscribed on them.

Then we went to the opera house.

All the while drinking tea and eating cakes along the way.

One pfunny story...When I got off the plane and went to the ATM I put in an extra 0, so instead of 20,000 whatever the money here is called, I got 200,000. So I got $1,000 instead of $100. Oops.

1 comment:

dad said...

Looks like a lot of fun is being had by all. Keep the pictures coming.