Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!



This post is going to work out to be in reverse chronological order, but I think it works better that way with the title of the post. :)



We celebrated New Year's Eve here. Well, not on those rocks, but where I was when I took the picture of those rocks. We had to go early and buy tickets. It was a restaurant on Lake Victoria in Mwanza. It was pretty. The rocks are cool



But you can see how I think blue skies make the photographer. No blue sky, not a good picture.



The doors have holes poked in them and at night they light up. I know some people like interesting doors, so I took a picture because I thought of you.







This is the hospital where Dad works. I thought it looked very nice.

Nice landscaping.



A few food posts. This is a ginger beer they have. It's called Stoney Tangawizi. It's good. It's made by Coke.



At the hospital cafeteria one of Mom's friend told us to get the fish. So we did. That's the Tanzanian equivalent of to on the left (called ugali or something like that here. Made from manioc flour) and a fish head. Your eyes do not deceive you. It is served with a giant fish head.



We both didn't eat much and then went home and ate with Dad some delicious coconut milk curry.


For dinner for NYE we also had naan. I just had to show you bc I know some of you really like it and I thought of you.

I saw a snail today. He was too cute not to photo.



And here's Mom. There's a giant fish fountain in Mwanza. So we took our picture there after I ate grasshoppers. But those pictures are on Mom's camera.

4 comments:

Rhoda said...

i don't know why this posted so stupidly. I'll try and fix it later. I tried using the larger size photos and everything got wonky.

Rhoda said...

Fixed. happy new year!

Molli said...

Happy New Year!!

Libby said...

I like those doors. Are the holes poked all the was through so the light is from lights inside the bathrooms? And I hope mom doesn't forget to post pictures of the grasshoppers...