Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Cookies...

I made Christmas cookies. Last time I made Christmas cookies, Rhoda was here to help me, so I thought about her a lot while making these. It is definitely more fun when there is someone else in the kitchen with you! Anyway, they all turned out pretty tasty. Here they are...

Chocolate dipped toffee bits cookies with chopped pecans
(not the real name :) )
I forgot to take pictures earlier in the process. These are my favorite. Shortbread bites topped with white chocolate and peppermint pieces.
On the plate you can see a mixture of cookies. I'm sad I didn't take pictures before they got to the plate. There are candycane cookies, the toffee/chocolate/nut cookies, oatmeal cookies with white chocolate chips and dried cherries, and the shortbread peppermint cookies. Apparently I took the picture before I added the oatmeal toffee bars topped with chocolate.
Tonight I made chocolate thumbprint cookies (2 varieties: one with nuts, one with sugar, both topped with Hershey Kisses), and chocolate peppermint cookies. The plain chocolate ones actually still need to be dipped in white chocolate and topped with broken peppermint pieces, but it says those are best the day they are dipped, and our cookie party is on Wednesday so I decided to wait for the final step.


And that's all. Except I didn't get a picture of those bars. Oh well.

1 comment:

Libby said...

Oh, my! That is a lot of cookies! I felt good about myself for just baking bread for my neighbors. I sure hope they don't see the blog!