Friday, April 17, 2009

Alina is a star!

Would you believe one of these 2 photos won us 4 tickets to Sesame Street Live!?


I entered a contest put on by www.momslikeme.com (which is affiliated with 9 News) last week to try to win tickets, but after uploading my photos for the grouchiest kid contest, I decided I probably wouldn't win. I really thought Alina would like it, though, so I bought tickets. Well to my great surprise, today when I checked my spam email account that I used to sign up, I found I had many messages from them trying to tell me to come pick up my tickets (as well as one asking permission to put the picture(s) on the news... but I missed the boat on that one - darnit!). We didn't win first place, but we were runners up. How exciting!

So even though I already bought tickets, I decided I needed to drive through the terrible weather today to 9 News to pick up my tickets so that someone else could go as well. Here are some pictures of the tickets. :)



Here are some pictures of Ania from tonight. She is sure getting big!


In case anyone is curious, Alina still thinks "smile" means "close your eyes". I tried and tried to teach her what it really means. I say "No, Alina - THIS is smile" and I point to my cheeks while I'm smiling... so now occasionally when she "smiles" she closes her eyes and points to her cheeks. Ha! :)

Here is a big smile on Easter morning. In case you are wondering about the outfit, I asked her which dress she wanted to wear, and she pointed to the CU jacket. In the end, I did convince her to put a dress on under the jacket, but the jacket was what she really wanted to wear.

2 comments:

Rhoda said...

Great job! Alina hair is getting long! It looks nice. Ania is porking on the pounds. Good job!

Mom said...

Cute cute cute! Both of those pictures are just "classic" pictures. I'm VERY surprised that you (Alina) didn't win first prize. What were they thinking?!?!?!?