Thursday, August 16, 2007

I made brownies


This is my new favorite recipe.

* 1/2 cup butter
* 1 cup white sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon baking powder

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8 inch square pan.
2. In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overcook.

This is another thing I've noticed about blogs. They pose pictures a lot. For example, in my brownie shot, I've got the milk next to it, just for a little something special. In knitting blogs people often put their knitting in trees or flower beds. It makes me laugh. Anyway, this picture is me trying to be "artsy."

Also, in this batch I tried adding caramel to them and that did not work out so well. Perhaps it was because my caramel wasn't really caramel but buttermilk syrup. Anyway, don't do that. They never really sat/came together...but they were still tasty.

I think they are easier and better than brownies in a box. Cheaper, too.

2 comments:

Molli said...

Those ARE tasty. I am sad to hear that the caramel-like syrup did not work well. I hope that it would work with caramel, because that sounds tasty. I might try it.

Mom said...

YUM!!!