Sunday, August 12, 2007

Contest Update

Derek asks: How are we counting? How many pictures does a video count for? Is this just quantity, or is there a quality aspect?

All questions I had thought, too. So I think these are the rules. I can change them as I want, if I see people have found a loop hole, but I think this is it.

Basic Pfoto: 1 point
Basic Video: 2 points

The interesting point: Each member of the pfamily in each pfoto counts for a point, so if you have a pfoto with all 12 of us, or whatever, 12 points. The pfoto pfrom the birthday dinner has already been posted, so is disqualified. But if your pfoto has 4 people in it, 4 points. If the video has 4 people in it, 5 points.

I think this is a good way to encourage quality, which I would like, but also quantity, which is pfun when there are lots of new posts.

What do you think of that? Do you think that is pfair?

2 comments:

Molli said...

What about pictures of other fun things, like cupcakes I decorated? Is that one point? As well as one point if it has a family member in it? Also, does that count as a picture of me since I had the Baby Bjorn on for the picture of Alina? Or does my face need to be in the picture?

Rhoda said...

This is how I counted your entry:

Cupcakes were 1 point. 1 point also for a picture with only one person. I think the person should be sort of featured in the picture, so you were not counted when you were holding Alina because I couldn't see your face. I did not count Mary Kay in the video of Katie singing because she really wasn't a part of that video. However, in the picture of you holding Alina in the fan, because I could see your face, that counted as 2.