Saturday, February 08, 2014

The Olympics

Not only do I love the weather but now I love the Olympics and can talk about my obsession there as well.  There is always the age old debate, what is more important, total medals or most golds? I have figured out the way to balance that out. Prize money and medal value wins. Using this calculation we can see who really is the best. I think I'll update this post regularly.

14-Feb-14 15:55

A lot of action since my last update. I'm not going to lie and say I wasn't getting frustrated that the U.S. wasn't stomping the competition. But the sweep changed all that!


We also have some interesting changes in prize money. U.S. and Norway are tied for second. Germany is in the lead, though some sources would have you believe they are sixth. Poland got her second gold.

Nine days left!

10-Feb-14 21:48
Canada is in the lead!

There was an error in my previous calculation. Cell error in Excel. I'll leave the posts, but just know while I think the places are correct, not by that amount.

9-Feb-14 10:40

I'm not sure how long I'll keep all countries that earn medals. We have quite a few additions and the graph is getting quite crowded. Russia finally medaled. Also Britain and Italy.


8-Feb-14 15:22



8-Feb-14 14:10pm
1.  Norway $76,458.25
2.  Netherlands $50,829.25
3.  USA! USA! USA! $25,566


Maybe it will brighten your day. 

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Wow. Last time a solid metal was used was 1912. I like your view on how to assess the true winner. I'll be following your updates. Thank you.