Friday, February 18, 2011

Operating room!

Well apparently 2 root canals will take about an hour and a half, which is too long to expect a 2 year old to sit still in a dentist's chair, even with "conscious sedation"... so I had the pleasure of finding out that if we want Ania to keep her teeth, she will have to have general anesthesia, which means an operating room at The Children's Hospital. Scary!
The procedure itself is not very scary, but the fact that she will be under general anesthesia is what makes me nervous. I can't even imagine parents that have to go through a major surgery, I have way more empathy for that now!
Here are Ania's gray teeth (on the left) compared to Alina's nice living teeth (on the right). Alina saw me taking a picture of Ania's teeth and wanted me to take one of hers, too. Turned out to be good for comparison anyway! :)



Here are her teeth marks on our coffee table... I saw those a few weeks ago. :(

March 2 is the big day... think happy thoughts for her that day!

4 comments:

Rhoda said...

why can't you just leave a hole in her mouth like Izzy had? Or will her big teeth me jacked?

Molli said...

A few reasons... but mostly because we have the opportunity to save them (not sure if Izzy did) and it will be up to 6 years before she gets her permanent teeth. Her other teeth could start to move around, it will be more difficult to bite, and also they can have problems with speech development (one of my coworkers is a speech pathologist and she pointed out that one) because there are a lot of sounds that have you put your tongue on those teeth. So since we have the opportunity to try to save them, we'll give it a shot.

Rhoda said...

ooooooooooh. smart.

Rhoda said...

be jacked. Not me jacked. Guess you figured that out, though.