Monday, October 05, 2009

Ania's big fall

Ania fell off our deck* yesterday. Onto the concrete. On her face. Mouth filled up with blood. This picture does absolutely no justice to how scary the actual incident was. Scared the crap out of me.


Today she seems like she doesn't even notice it. She can still make faces at me when I take her picture.

She kept closing her eyes when I would tell her to smile, so that made me laugh.

Whew! I was worried she wouldn't be able to enjoy her favorite activity. :)

* For those of you who read the blog but have not been to our house, please note that our deck is only about 15 inches high. Still scary, but not as bad as it would have been from a higher deck.

2 comments:

Rhoda said...

Alina has taught her well!

Mom said...

Indeed.... Alina has taught her what "smile" means. This reminds me of when the photographer let Josh crawl off the table when she was taking his and Rhoda's one year pictures.... "Josh the brown nosed nimnal" as Derek dubbed him.....