Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Jay is busy/ Alina's first (hopefully last?) fight

I know this will come as a surprise to everyone, but Jay has been busy lately. He is installing a fence to keep the girls out of the pond and the dog(s) in the yard.

Here he installed the posts:
Here the something else is attached:

The side facing the pond (this side is only 4 feet tall)

Putting up the slats, or whatever they're called.

Project #2 - scraping the popcorn ceilings. He masked the whole house and scraped everything except the bedrooms:

Up on the manly scaffolding

Alina likes to "carry me" Ania. I'm trying to teach her that she wants to "hold Ania", not "carry me", but it is a difficult concept. Anyway, here are some pictures:

Occasionally Alina still does her famous "smile"... :) Ania looks a little frightened, but I assure you she was never in any real danger.

Now for the grand finale... Alina's war wound from her day care fight. She has a little friend named Ryan, who her day care lady says "both of them are the dominant-girl type"... and usually they are good buddies. However, yesterday they both wanted the same toy at the same time. Apparently my sweet little Alina pushed Ryan (I don't believe it...), and then Ryan pushed her back and grabbed her face pretty good, causing a scratch as well as something that I think will be a bruise. Hopefully this won't be a pattern! And no, the other girl doesn't have anything to show for it...

3 comments:

Josh said...

Apparently it is time for me to start teaching Alina some BJJ. :)

Mom said...

LOL. Yes, I think she needs some fighting skills! Nice fence! Those ceilings are REAL high.... BE CAREFUL! Was Jay in charge of watching Alina while he was getting the slats up?

Rhoda said...

Little scrappy scrap scrapperton!!!