Sunday, January 19, 2014

Baby-led weaning

One of my coworkers who has twin baby girls was telling me about baby-led weaning. She said her girls (now about 11 months) love it, and are eating pretty much everything, including chicken on the bone, mandarin oranges with the skins on (they chew it up and spit out the 'skin'), etc. Obviously that sounds a lot easier than pureeing everything, freezing it, labeling, thawing, heating, spoon feeding, etc. so I thought I would give it a try! I went to a class on Saturday with Maja, and her first food ever was a cucumber stick! She loved it! And not even a single time gagging (not that it won't ever happen... I just woulda thought for sure this would have caused gagging as a first time food!).







Here are a few videos from the same adventure later that day, at home. The first one is a video by Alina. It has a pretty funny part in it that I didn't know about until I watched it later. Ha...

I wish I had known about this when the other girls were babies! Pretty pfun!

3 comments:

Rhoda said...

Her hair looks red.

Molli said...

I was noticing that after I posted those too! I don't think it's quite that red in person... but it's definitely reddish!

Mom said...

She's doing GREAT!!! Loved Alina's video!