Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Party Continues...


Made cookies with the girls. It was a lot of pfun.

Maja slept.



Like most people, I'm always on the look out for the perfect sugar cookie recipe. I took the opportunity to test the difference between butter and shortening. Exact same recipe...The only difference was 1 cup butter and 1 cup shortening. (Except for the fact that with the butter I added 1 tsp vanilla and the shortening I added the correct amount of 1.5 tsp. Womp. Womp. I was real mad when I realized I had made that mistake.) The original recipe called for butter.
Cookie on the left is shortening. Cookie on the right is butter. I expected the cookies with butter to be crispier (and they were) but I didn't expect them to spread out so much more...So on your quest for the perfect sugar cookie, if you like soft cookies, always use shortening.

No comments: