Sunday, October 21, 2012

Life on the Pfarm

I've had quite a pfew pfield trips this semester. My camera broke and I had mailed it in to get pfixed pfor the last one, so no pfotos. :( It's back now! :) Anyway, Upstate New York is very pretty. The leaves are all yellow, red and purple now. This was about a month ago. Isn't it nice? I got to drive a tractor! It was a little scarier than I was expecting. Luckily I know how to drive standard. This is the machine they use to harvest corn. That was very interesting. I thought it was amazing how every every EVERYTHING is done by machine. In Burkina I knew in this magical place called America people did things like this with machines but couldn't imagine how. When we saw the machine that did the planting I asked the (stupid) question, "How many seeds do you put in each hole?" In Burkina we would put 2-4 seeds per hole. She looked at me (you can probably imagine the look), "Just one." Right. Got it. Then I did some fast (because I'm a whiz at math) calculations. They spend a lot more on rotten seeds than they should. There are of course lots more pictures of pfarm equipment. I just didn't know now many tractors would be interesting to the audience.

3 comments:

Mom said...

You can go help Gary now....

Molli said...

So pfun! And I bet you really do have much more of an appreciation about all that stuff after coming from B-Pf!

dad said...

Things have sure changed since I was on the pfarm, but even then we only put one kernal per hole. Glad you enjoy you classes and good luck with the tests. Sorry I had the back problem.