Sunday, November 06, 2011

dinner from my neighbor.jpg

My neighbor brought me dinner tonight which was very nice. Sometimes she does that. If she doesn't I eat candy or crackers for dinner. Or I don't eat because cooking with no fridge and no sink is no fun. This is ignam. I think that's how its spelled. It's a huge root vegetable about as fat as a football and about 3/4 the length of your arm. It's very hairy and has to be peeled. If you don't peel it properly you get a funny taste in the back of your throat. This was in some sort of tomato broth.

Unfortunately my battery is too low to send this tonight. I'm thinking of getting another one (battery that is) for back up. For some reason my solar charger and BlackBerry don't get along.

In other food news this weekend is Tabasky so you will get to see holiday food on Sunday! What luck to have picked this project this week.

1 comment:

Molli said...

I just looked up ingam on the internet - I've never seen those! I was going to have you take a picture of one, but then I remembered I have the world at my fingertips. What does it taste like?