Monday, December 13, 2010

Alina gave herself a hair cut

It could be much worse. It was in French braids, so she only got at the hair that was falling out, which includes bangs and some short hair around the ears. In her defense, she did ask me for a hair cut earlier in the day, but I told her we would have to wait until after her bath. Apparently she didn't want to wait that long.

Here are the photos... she didn't have much hair to play with since it was up (luckily)...



A few bangs, and a few short hairs around the left ear.

Side shot
I didn't tell the story of how I discovered this... we were eating dinner, and it was almost at the end that I finally saw it (as you can see, it's not terribly noticeable). I said "Alina, did you cut your hair??", and she said "Yes". So then I was racking my brain to figure out when she possibly could have done that, and how I didn't notice. So I said "Where were you when you did that?" and she said "Under the table." And a light bulb went off for Jay, and he said "So THAT'S what she was doing under there!" Aahhhh... it happened under Jay's supervision...

His other story, for the hour Ania and I were gone, was that she was in her tent by herself for a long time, and he asked her what she was doing. She said she was "feeding her baby". Well, after she came out, he moved the tent and found lots of candy wrappers and cookie crumbs. Sounds like she had fun... I think she probably wishes he would watch her more often! :)

4 comments:

Mom said...

Oh my!! I can hardly wait to see the pics!

The Merry Widow said...

Post the pictures! I've been checking your blog every 30 minutes from work...I'm dying to see them!

Miss you!

Molli said...

You are so funny! I took pictures last night and you almost can't even tell! It really doesn't look that bad. How sad is it that I'm disappointed she didn't do a better job of really messing it up? It's definitely a better story if it's really bad. :) I will post them tonight. Merry Christmas, by the way!

The Merry Widow said...

LOL! It doesn't look bad at all! Don't worry...maybe she'll cross her eyes in one of your future family portraits or something. :-P

And Merry Christmas to you too! I'm gonna be in the Springs for Christmas this year...won't be there for too long (only 5 days) but maybe we can meet up!