Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Swearing In and Other Mumbo

Here we are before the swearing in ceremony.  I had the skirt at top made here.  Most people did.

I thought it would be fun to be local and wear a little hat thing.

The first lady was the guest speaker.  You'll notice that she has the same type of hat that I do.  I think this means that I know how to be sophisticated in any country, in any circumstnace.  You should not be surprised.

This is my house.  The window on the right is the window for my living room.  the window on the left is the window for the guest room, right now a closet.  My room is in the back of the house.  The building on the left is my outdoor kitchen.  I use it as a garage.  I don't cook with wood or coal like they do but a gas stove.  That thing on my porch is a goat.  Taking a little nap.

The village chief gave me a chicken.  I was tres excited.  It wasn't until  I got home that the chicken isn't the interesting part of the picture but all the people in the background that is funny.  They are curious.

Pregnant goat.  They make me laugh.

Sunset 1.  I should have taken photography lessons with Molli and Mom.

The same sunset.  I couldn't decide which I liked better.

And the sunset again but I tried to get the beautiful moon at the same time.  How's that for a lighting predicament?

This is an awesome tree at the res.  The birds have these round nests.  They are bright yellow.  I'm not sure if you can see it well enough, but those things hanging are nests and they fly in upside down.

The res.  Where the birds are.  That thing at the bottom right?  That's me!! :)  I don't stop to take photos.  I just click and ride.  Does the res remind you of Pueblo?  Yeah, me, too...

This is my front yard.  Sometimes cows come and say hello.

It's green here. 

Well, That's enough for now. Post lots!!

7 comments:

Mom said...

WOW! GREAT post! I'm really glad to see your house. It's really nice. I had thought that it would be a hut of some sort. This seems very nice. Do you get your water from the res? Very curious group behind you with the chicken. Has your novelty slowed?

Anna B said...

Awesome photos!!! I love your stylish hat, and also the goat pics. And I hope you didn't hold up the ceremony by "makin' it rain," haha!

Molli said...

Yeah! You posted! Your house is nothing like I imagined for some reason. Looks a lot sturdier than I thought it would be. Can you take a picture of the village houses? I'm curious what they look like.

dad said...

If you look at the goat you will know how Mom looked with you and Josh. I'm not sure we took any right before she went to the hospital. Did the first lady see you in your hat and was she jealous. I also thought you would be a thatched roofed house. It looks pretty safe. Does the breeze come through the slats in the windows or just bugs? Dad

Unknown said...

Missing you today. I enjoyed looking at the blog pics. You looked chic in the pink get-up. Hope you are well.

Wendy said...

I love your pet goat. Do you feed him? Also, is your chicken a pet or did you eat it? ;)

Your house looks pretty cool. Do you have interior pics? Looks like a really interesting place!!! How's the french coming?

Ok, enough questions. I miss you, RJ!!!

LowerEastSideLady said...

Rhoda! I loved seeing your blog and pics! You are hilarious as always, of course. :D Looking forward to seeing the next one. Hope all is well.