Saturday, July 24, 2010

From Africa

I hope this works…

It has taken me awhile to finally get to a point where I can post . With the relocation from the original training site, back to the capital, to the current location, things have been tiring. Anyway, here are some pictures.


This is a tasty drink here called bissap. Use google translator. We had it at out opening dinner. I don’t remember the name of the dish, but it was good. Chicken something. Then for dessert we had dengue. I don't know how to spell it. Next time.



Here I am 'sleeping' in a bed net for the first time. We were excited.

This is my first host family.  They were nice.

Mosque.


It's the rainy season and people are busy in the fields.


On the way to school there are lots of anmals.  These were on the way to the first trainig site.



And this guy lived at the second site.

Hope to be able to be more in touch soon. I like emails and care packages. :)

3 comments:

Molli said...

Yeah!! You finally posted! Fun to see pictures of where you are. That lady in the farm was bending WAY over... I can't imagine doing that all day! I bet her back hurts. I do love you and miss you lots!

Mom said...

GREAT hearing from you!!! We love and miss you!!!

Rhoda said...

I know. They don't mzke long handles for the hoes so they spend all day like that. But they stand like that when they do anything.