Thursday, December 21, 2006

Holiday Blizzard 2006

Well, the "holiday blizzard 2006" has come... here are some pictures from our house!

Yesterday (day 1) - Kuba absolutely LOVES this!

















This morning at about 4:45am I heard a snowplow... I think it was actually a construction worker contracted by the city to plow some residential roads. Unfortunately my camera shutter speed was slow and I couldn't figure out how to fix it before he left, but here are some (blurry) pictures. He made a pile in the center of our cul-de-sac and just plowed around it. The pile is probably 8-10 feet high.






















More pictures this morning of the dogs and our deck and front yard.

The pile in the picture is all of the snow I shoveled off the deck. The snow has come up above the deck and is about thigh high even above the deck now.

This is our front yard - the picture didn't turn out as well as I was hoping. The snow in our driveway is about up to my hip, and the pile in the center of the street is from the snow plow. You can't see it that well, but after this picture my camera battery died. :(

2 comments:

Mom said...

WOW! You win! We didn't get that much!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much snow y'all got! My parents have been snowed into their house for 2 days, down in C. Springs.